Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

What and Why am I doing?


 Just because I mutter a lot:

     "What I am doing is, I am focusing on the meanings in some rap songs. Pardon me for how I am about to put this but there is no true expression with censorship- There are hip hop songs that are about more than just pussy, money, weed.
     There is literature in some of these songs! Also, the lyrics are usually indirect with their meanings. You have to read in between the lines:

  • Identify the double entendres
  • Notice the alliterations
  • Understand the similes and metaphors
  • Know the allusions
     Like I said before, you have to read in between the lines of certain rap songs as one would do in typical literature. English teachers are always telling us to do so when focusing on a novel in class. Well there is a lot of storytelling in songs as well! Usually, an English teacher will want you to find the true meaning behind a line or a sentence. The same can be done for rap songs and with songs in other genres as well.
For example, when an author/writer uses any adjective to describe a simple scenario or plot, chances are there is meaning behind it.
They are describing the setting.
They are describing the emotion.
They are describing the feeling of the situation.
They are describing the level of intensity or calmness.

And since this literature is expressed vocally, the tone is far easier to perceive.
     Stereotypes complicate comprehension in some topics, and that is why I want to share that some rap/hip hop songs can be artistic."

No comments:

Post a Comment